Saturday, August 10, 2013

Checking In



Hi everyone!

It's been too long! I've been having a rather busy summer this year and blogging has been placed on the backburner until further notice. Job applications, fellowship workload, conferences, and volunteering have taken over my life (hehe, which I love!) so unfortunately, I've let my blogging fall behind. This summer has been great so far filled with lake trips, lots of music festivals and concerts with great friends, reading art history, and just enjoying myself. Isn't that what life is about, anyway?!

Honestly, I've changed my views towards blogging too, but maybe not so much changed as matured. I began my blog as a creative outlet for personal style inspiration but maybe jumped on too many trendy trains, suffering from a bad case of the "must haves". Stopping blogging has actually helped to focus my style without being constantly influenced by other bloggers. And I've been making pairings more simple lately - which is more me! I'll still be recording my daily outfits via instagram, so feel free to follow along. I try to include some work life photos on there too. I'm not sure yet if this is the end of Ruffles & Sequins, but more time is needed to think about it. I miss you readers! Hope you are all happy and healthy.


Xxxo,
t

14 comments:

  1. I think it's really easy to jump on board the blogger trend train. It's important to take a step away and remember why you were doing it and what your style is away from that arena. After all, that's why people follow you, because of who you are!!!

    http://the-dandy-life.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We follow each other on Instagram and I tend to "like" a lot of your posts. I totally understand what you mean about blogging. I was so busy for a while there that I didn't have time to read anyone's, let alone write my own. I'm still trying to figure all of that out too.

    No worries, if you choose to come back, we'll be here :)

    All the best,
    Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you again! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stumbled upon your blog. It's so cute. Would love to read more about your Canadian, art history filled, comfortably fashionable adventures! :) -Alexandra www.simplyalexandramyfavoritethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a good thing to take some short time off blogging, at least to figure out what direction your blog and style will be taking. It keeps evolving, the same way you do, and sometimes it's enough to get you lost.
    But in any case, it's good to have you back!
    Love,
    S
    www.sonushka.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been pretty swamped with life outside of blogging lately, I was bummed that I was missing out on your posts but I'm glad to know I haven't, haha!! At least following you on IG has kept me in the loop with your style inspirations hehe :)

    -Sarah
    The Weekend Diary

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your blog,wow awesome Definitely following!!,here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Fashion Jewelry Store
    Silver Jewelry
    Crystal Jewelry
    Pearl Jewelry
    black tahitian pearl

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tasia, just wanted to let you know I really miss your blog ): and your style is amazing (:

    mysoulisthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great style! Just discovered your blog from a Pinterest pin. Are you on Pinterest??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! you can find me at http://www.pinterest.com/tasiamarieb/ thanks so much for the love!

      Delete
  10. P.S. Real life is more important! It's great to hear that you have a life outside of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the pcis. I'm also on your blog after a very long time. ;) Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate the support <3